Did you know that 1/3 of the food produced on the planet goes to waste? This number is equivalent to 1.3 billion tons per year and with only 1/4 of this total, it is possible to feed the more than 800 million hungry people in the world.
Much of this waste is organic, which is leftover food or parts of food that are often even more nutritious than what we are used to eating.
Have you ever thought about using peels, stems, leaves, and seeds in some common preparations of your daily life? In this practical workshop, we will use different parts of a single ingredient to prepare a complete meal, consisting of a starter, main course, and dessert.
As we prepare our recipes with local and seasonal ingredients, let’s talk about topics like:
– What is the full use of food and what are its impacts on society?
– What precautions should I take with the full use of food?
– What are the conservation techniques to avoid disposal and prolong the shelf life of the ingredients?
– How can we change our habits for a world with less waste?
- Three hours of hands on cooking
- Enjoy a wonderful meal at the end
- Support the environment and learn new skills for the future
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Duration: 3 Hours
Season: All Year
Minimum: 8 People
Prices start at $80 USD Per person
Duration:3 Hours Seasons: Yearlong
Group Departures: Daily
- What's Included?
- What is the itinerary of this experience?
- What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
The workshop includes all the ingredients to prepare the meal and drinks.
05:00 pm | End of the tour.
Please note that the schedule of the workshop is flexible and the starting times can be determined by appointment.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip’s volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.