Course & Trip Details
Time to finally make that dream you’ve always left untouched come true and take a diving course!
Embrace the adventure by enrolling for this 4-day course, in which you can learn the most important principles of diving as well as all the essential security procedures to be able to contribute to this project of clearing trash out of the Atlantic Ocean. If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where you can get started. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
- Become certified in PADI open water scuba
- Help remove trash from the Azorean Atlantic ocean
Location: Azores, Portugal
Duration: 4 days
Season: April to October
Difficulty: 1 2 3 4 5
Minimum: No Minimum
Prices start at $400 USD Per person
Duration: 4 Days/ 3 Nights Season: April to October
Group Departures: Varied
Day 1- 4:
Arrive in the morning for a full day of both classroom and ocean work, as you master the different levels needed to obtain your open water certification.
- What's Included?
- What is the itinerary of this experience?
- What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
What’s Included on your Scuba Diving Course?
- Diving equipment
Get an international certification in paradise-like scenery and enjoy your holidays!
Morning | Training | Allows you to get familiar with the basic principles and procedures of scuba diving. You will learn about how pressure affects your body, choose the right scuba gear and get to know procedures to plan your dives.
Afternoon | Pool Dives | You will develop the basic skills of scuba diving in the pool or in confined water. It is in this environment that you will learn the practical skills you’ll need to get started.
Morning | Training | This theoretical part of the course is extremely important as it gives you the basis to real open water diving. In the classroom, you’ll answer a short quiz to confirm that you assimilate the information, and at the end of the sessions, you’ll perform a small examination to confirm that you understand all the key concepts and ideas
Afternoon | Pool Dives | You’ll also practice some emergency skills, like sharing air in an emergency situation under water. Five dives are conducted in confined waters. Throughout these dives, you will develop the skills that you need to dive in open water.
Continue your course with a bit more practice, but now in the Ocean.
Morning | Training + Ocean Dive
Afternoon | Two Ocean Dives
After making your confined water dives, the time has come for your four open water dives with your PADI Instructor. This is where you’ll combine all the components of your course and fully live the underwater adventure.
Morning | Two Ocean Dives
Afternoon | Two Ocean Dives
Impactrip deposit fees are designed to be as affordable as possible to allow everyone to join our programs. Therefore, considering its limited capacity and the expectations of everyone involved, ImpacTrip is unable to provide a total refund policy.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip’s volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.