Pet shelters play an important role, helping to rescue a high number of dogs in the village of Cascais, that are abandoned by their families for a number of reasons.
The Doggy Track is a project run by a local shelter since 2014 in the Natural Park of Sintra. The main objective is to enable canids residing in the shelter, the possibility of greater interaction and consequent socialization or resocialization with humans and other companion animals.
It also represents an opportunity to meet the beautiful nature of Sintra Park in a 3 hours trail.
- Walk through the beauty of Sintra National Forest
- Help Shelter pets get love and exercise
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Duration: 3 Hours
Difficulty: 1 2 3 4 5
Minimum: 10 people
Prices start at $25 USD Per person
Duration: 3 Hours Season: April to October
Group Departures: Weekly
- What's Included?
- What is the itinerary for this experience?
- What is ImpacTrip's Cancellation and Refund Policy?
- Water during the trail
- Coffee at the end
1:00 pm | End of the tour.
Please note that the schedule of the tours is flexible and the starting times can be determined by appointment.
The payment of the deposit fees confirms a volunteer’s acceptance onto one of ImpacTrip’s volunteer programs. Deposit fees are not transferable to other people but may be transferable to another program.
The deposit fee is refundable until sixty days before the start date of the volunteer’s chosen program. Requests for deposit fee refunds must be made via an email to your ImpacTrip Booking Manager, clearly detailing the reasons for cancellation.
Cancellations are subject to the following policies:
- The notice period is based on the earliest start date the volunteer has ever been registered for.
- If a volunteer cancels sixty days or more before their earliest program start date, they can request a refund of the deposit fee, which will be provided minus the transaction costs of the refund. Alternatively, they may ask for a deposit fee credit to be held in their name for future use on any ImpacTrip program, subject to availability, for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date. This credit may be issued minus the value of any change fees the volunteer has incurred.
- If a volunteer cancels between fifty-nine and thirty days before their program’s start date, no refund of the deposit fee is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for a period of twelve months from their earliest registered start date, for future use on another ImpacTrip program, subject to program availability and at the discretion of the Impactrip Booking Manager.
- If a volunteer cancels less than thirty days before their programs start date, no refund of any fees is available. A deposit fee credit may be held in their name for twelve months from their earliest registered start date, subject to availability, provided deposit fees have been paid in full by their due date.
Where a group of ten or more people is volunteering with ImpacTrip, the group leader must register ahead of other group members in order to secure the group’s dates and plans. Group members must then register no less than sixty days before the program starts. Group members who register less than sixty days before the program start date may be excluded from the program unless approved by ImpacTrip.
ImpacTrip reserves the right to revise its program fees at any time. All program fees revisions will be made via the ImpacTrip website. Program fee revisions are not applicable to volunteers who have already submitted their payment before the revisions are due to take effect. A volunteer’s placement on a program is not confirmed until the deposit fee has been paid in full and the availability has been confirmed by their ImpacTrip Booking Manager.